Monday, July 5, 2010

signs: Georges Launderette

Georges Launderette

This sign has been on my to-shoot list for a long time, but I never seemed to be in the area at the right time of day. I was over at the Heart and Dagger Saloon to watch the World Cup (Spain vs. Paraguay -- another great match), and had some time after running errands to do a little photography. The sign is in bad shape, but it's got lots of great elements to it, and the business is still there. Compare it with the great (but not old) French Cleaners sign, or the other cleaners signs around Oakland.

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

This has one element I've noticed on many Oakland signs, a crown. Crowns seem to appear most on signage for very humble businesses.

Unknown said...

I feel like I've seen a fair number with crowns, too, but when I looked at all the signs I've posted, this is the first one with a crown -- go figure.